Saturday, July 26, 2008

I just Read "The Go Giver"


The Go Giver is an easy book to read has a great storey and is very inspiring. A business associate of mine recommended the book. I bought it and told my wife she needed to read it, This was before I ever read it. I don't really like to read.

She read the book and said it was good. I ended up starting the book one night around 10:30 PM, and I finished it by 11:45 PM. After every chapter I would set the book down and think about how the last chapter applied to my life and how to apply it to Nouveau. This book has totally changed the way I live my life.

I have always thought I was a giving person, but after reading "The Go Giver" I realized I was doing it for the wrong reason. I have never been very comfortable with receiving. This was probably one of the biggest lessons I got from the book. If you don't allow someone else to give you something you are not allowing that person to give. I never looked at it like that. I always thought I was just being kind, but I was not allowing that person to express themselves. BJ McKellar

No comments: